1.02.2011

The Best Part of Christmas---A Phone Call from Tay!

 
Dear Family,
     It was quite the joy talking to you all on the phone on Saturday, I am very grateful that I got to do so.  The week leading up to that was quite a push to make it there, but we did it haha.  Things are going good here in Mississippi, not a whole lot has changed since Saturday, I hope that everything is still good and okay with you guys.  I don't have a lot more time on here unfortunately, but I wanted to let you all know that I loved all of your packages.  (I got yours yesterday dad, awesome).  I appreciate it so very much.  I love you guys a ton and I want you all to know that the Gospel is true.  I am grateful for the power of the Atonement.  It is everlasting.  We make mistakes, we repent of those mistakes, and we make more mistakes (sometimes even the same mistake again) but we are promised, that if we are trying to do what is right, if we are sincerely seeking for the divine help of our Father in Heaven, we can be forgiven.  That includes us all, I think that sometimes we forget how important the Atonement is, and forget that not only can we lean on the sacrifice of the Son of God, but we need to lean on it.  None of us will ever be perfect, not even a missionary :)  But as we do our best putting our faith in Christ, he will manifest unto us the fruits of our labors.  I am eternally grateful for Jesus Christ and the example He has given me.  I love Him.  And because of all that He has done for us and does for us, I know we can return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven one day.  We just need to do what is right.  "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." (Ether 12:4)  I want you all to know I believe this and I love you all very much, take courage and do all that is right.  You are all the best family in the world.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World. Amen.
     Love,
          Elder Dietz

No comments: