11.29.2010

Back To Mississippi!

Hey!
How is it going everyone?  Things are going great here in Greenwood Mississippi.  Sorry that emails and letters haven't been as good lately, sometimes...it gets hard.  Ha, sorry.  Well, we have been just hard at work in the area.  Here is the low down, on what goes on here.  On Mondays, we have P-Day.  On Tuesdays, we usually have splits all day with Brother Taylor.  He is a really good guy, and lives in Yazoo City where that huge tornado was right before I came out.  Yazoo City isn't in our area, but he was asked by the stake president to attend our branch.  I don't know why, but he does and he helps us out a ton.  On Wednesdays, we do regular missionary work.  Tracting, service, whatever falls in our path.  Plus we usually have district meeting.  Then on Thursdays, pretty much the same thing, minus district meeting.  Same with Friday and Saturday.  On Sunday, we have PEC and then we have church.  Priesthood for the first hour, Sunday school the next hour and Sacrament the third hour (I am pretty sure they do it that way because some people have to drive more then an hour to get to church.  It is just crazy.  This area is huge!  But after church on Sunday, we go over to a members house, Brother and Sister Leach, and they feed us, and then we go out to see people with Brother Leach.  Then at dinner time he brings us home and we eat dinner, and then we go out by ourselves for the rest of the night.  It is a pretty good area.  We teach a lot of people, and we have dinner appointments just about every night since I have gotten here, and next month, it is just about the same awesome!  The members are awesome here.  Sister Regina Lavere, the branch presidents mother owns a restaurant and every Wednesday we get to go there to eat.  It is pretty awesome.  We have a good time together, and we have been teaching a lot of people lately, our hope and faith is that they will get baptized.  I love you all so very much.  I know the gospel is true.  I know that God sent His Only Begotten Son, and that is we just believe on His name and follow His commandments, we will be saved.  The gospel of Jesus Christ, it is simple, it is true, and I know that God loves us.  He will not turn anyone away who is willing to believe in and follow his plan.  He set it up before we came to the earth, and He knew we would do our best to follow it.  I know that no matter what we do wrong, if we are willing to repent and return into the fold of God, we can do so.  I want you all to know I love you very much.  Sorry if I sometimes don't write or email enough, but I want you to know it is only because I am working hard to obey the commandments of God and bring sheep into His fold.  I love you all.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love,
Elder Taylor Dietz
Hurrah for Israel!
Hope to hear from you all soon.

No comments: