7.04.2011

Letter to All

Hey There Family!!!!
     So this week, rather than writing a bunch of individual small emails, I thought that I might try writing one big long one to you all.  We will see how it goes, and how long it actually is. 
     Things have been pretty dang good here in Pass Christian, Mississippi, "The Pass".  This week, we have been on our bikes a ton.  Riding across the two mile long bridge, and then several more miles just to get to people that are talking to us right now.  At zone conference this week, they have asked us to make sacrifices, and ride our bikes more.  First, due to the fact that gas prices are so high, and second because it is proven that missionaries that ride bikes more, have more success.  And I know that is true, because I have seen the difference when I ride my bike and when I drive a car.  More and less success.  When we ride our bikes over that bridge, it is pretty dang crazy.  On the way over, it is really hard, because the wind blows across the St. Louis Bay pretty hard, but on the way back over, it is hard because we are so dang tired from riding our bikes all day.  But at least the wind is to our backs.  Going down that bridge is awesome.  The other good news, is the coast is basically flat.  So the biggest hill that we have to deal with is the bridge.  Other then that, there is not any other hills in Pass Christian.  We do work two other cities in our area though, and they have hills, Diamondhead, and Kiln.  We haven't been able to get out there too often yet, but that is where a lot of members live, so next month, we are certainly going to try and get out there at least once or twice a week. 
     It sounds like a lot of fun stuff is going on at home.  Mom and Lacey going to stay at Aunt Deb's for a while.  That sounds awesome.  I remember when I used to do that.  Haha, those were the days haha.  I can't believe Clint is coming home soon either!  You guys are lucky that you get to see him. 
     That is awesome that Lacey is graduating from all of those songs in Suzuki to.  Tucka tucka stop stop.  I remember when I used to make up words to all those songs when I was a young one.  And then you are going to get into high school next year.  Oh boy, how old you are?  Haha. 
     So it has been raining a lot lately huh?  That is nice.  It has only rained once since I got here to The Pass, and it only rained for like five minutes, and then it stopped.  Apparently it hasn't rained here on the coast for quite some time now.  But that doesn't mean that it is not wet.  It is so humid, it makes me feel like I am getting out of a sweaty shower when we get back to our apartment.  Oh well.  Nothing we can do about it, but remember that Christ suffered with us in all things. 
     I want you all to know that I love you all very much, and I am doing my best to write all of you back as soon as I can.  The best thing to do though, is to not write me another letter, until you get one back from me.  That way, I am not writing a gillion letters every week, and all the letters aren't the same.  
     One other thing.  There is a man in Alabama that is an anti mormon, and he is going around the southern states  giving anti material, and other things of that nature to recent converts to the church, less active members, and investigators.  So mom, I know that you are doing a blog, we are suppose to ask our parents, if they are posting the names of investigators or recent converts on line, to either remove their names fully, or just put their first names, so that this man with his group of wicked minions can get to our beloved brothers and sisters and hit them with anti material.  If you can do that, that would make you a champ :) oh also mom, if you are going to send me pants, you should send me some really really dark brown ones...I am bored of black...haha.
     Well, I love you all so much.  I know that the Lord blesses us as we desire to follow him and align our will with his.  I know that this church is true.
 
When our Lord Jesus one day comes,
Will we be there to see,
When one day our Savior comes,
Will we be bound or free?
 
When our gracious Father sends his Son,
Will he see us and smile,
When our Loving Father sends his Son,
We will pray with him awhile?
 
If we pray and if we seek,
If we strive to be strong not weak,
If we desire with all our will,
Jesus Christ our souls shall fill.
 
And when we do, and if we want,
The Savior turns away the devils taunt,
We can be seen in his eyes,
As Children of Him, not the devil of lies.
 
When our Eternal Father sends His son,
I pray he will set us all free,
When Jesus Christ comes again,
Everlasting our lives will be.
 
     I love you all.
                 Elder Dietz

No comments: