2.14.2011

The crazy weather of Mississippi!


: Mon, Feb 14, 2011 11:31 AM
     [ Print ] 
 
 
 
Hey everybody! 
     Whats up?  Things are going just fine here in Greenwood.  It has been some pretty crazy weather here though lately.  On Wednesday it snowed about six inches.  On Thursday, it was freezing cold!  On Friday the snow was still on the ground and by Sunday, all of it had melted, and it is up to 70 degrees today.  I am confused with this situation indeed.  My brain is being so very boggled as I am typing this up.  I took a couple of funny pictures though this last week.  You'll love them whenever you see them.  Lets see...on Tuesday, we went to an investigators house, we went into her house with her 110 year old father (no joke) and we were going to teach her, but she ended up choking on a lemon.  She was eating it to lower her blood pressure or something.  I know this story is a really weird one to tell, but it was just crazy to me.  And...slightly hilarious.  I guess she swallowed the skin of the lemon to or something.  I don't know...it was just funny.  I don't know why I am telling you guys this.  But it has honestly been one of the weirdest weeks of my mission.  We ran into a lot of weird events I guess you could say. 
     As far as the baptism that we were suppose to have this upcoming weekend, it is not going to happen yet, but it will soon I hope.  We are working hard, we are just waiting for the moment when the Lord will bless us for our labors.  So hopefully those results will come soon.  We pray for that and are working so that the people of this town will find the truth in this message.  I know it is.  So I have a question for all of you guys to answer, it is something they ask us to do in Preach My Gospel.  Can you guys share with me an experience of when obeying the Law of Tithing has blessed your life.  Or how it has blessed your life?  Send it to me in a letter or something.  That'd be awesome!  I love you all so very much!  Things are going as good as can be expected.  The best part of a mission is that your testimony really grows.  And you come to know in a very real sense that without this Gospel you would be or would have been very lost.  It is amazing to see the changes that take place in peoples lives.  I hope you are all doing good.  I love you so much.  I hope you all get my emails and got them last week as well.  The computer sent some back to me so hopefully you all get this weeks emails.  I love you tons!
     Love,
           Elder Taylor Dietz

P.S.  Special shout out to Abby and Dad for their Birthdays this month!!!!!  woot!

No comments: